Veritas 05S20.04 Bench Chisel - 1/4"
Notify me when back in stock
Veritas Bench Chisels
- Blades turned and milled from solid O1 tool steel bar stock (Rc58-60); lapped to flatness tolerance of ±0.0005" or better
- Tapered from shoulder to tip for strength and rigidity
- Center of gravity is at or below tang/socket connection; tang has flats to prevent handle from rotating
- Ferrule turned from a solid blank, seats directly onto blade shoulder
- Maple handle kiln-baked at high temperature to eliminate nearly all moisture content and to caramelize natural sugars in wood (helps seal it)
- Handle is contoured to fit hand, with shallow flats parallel to blade back to provide tactile cues for finger placement
- End is domed to resist chipping from glancing mallet blows
- Available in 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4" and 1" widths, blades ranging from 4-5/8" to 5-1/8" long
- 1/4" and 3/8" chisels have 30° primary bevel angles, others are ground at 25°
- All have 2° micro-bevels, require only final honing before use
- Made in Canada
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Timberbits users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.