Veritas 05S21.03 PM-V11 Bench Chisel - 3/16"
Notify me when back in stock
Veritas PM-V11 Bench Chisels
- The metal's micro-structure makes it extremely durable and wear-resistant, so it can withstand the impact of heavy chopping cuts even at bevel angles as low as 20°
- Edge will typically last at least twice as long in use as an A2 blade before it needs sharpening
- Despite its toughness, it is as easy to sharpen as A2 steel using common abrasive media such as water stones
- Tapered from shoulder to tip for strength and rigidity
- Center of gravity is at or below tang/socket connection; tang has flats to prevent handle from rotating
- Ferrule turned from a solid blank, seats directly onto blade shoulder
- Maple handle kiln-baked at high temperature to eliminate nearly all moisture content and to caramelize natural sugars in wood (helps seal it)
- Handle is contoured to fit hand, with shallow flats parallel to blade back to provide tactile cues for finger placement
- End is domed to resist chipping from glancing mallet blows
- Blades range from 3-5/8" to 5-1/8" long
- The 3/8" and smaller chisels have 30° primary bevel angles, others are 25°
- All have 2° micro-bevels, require only final honing before use
- Made in Canada
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Timberbits users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.