Building Doors And Drawers: A Complete Guide to Design and Construction
Whatever type of cabinets you're creating, doors and drawers are at the center of their style and functionality. When you're done, they get all the attention. But to get precisely the results you're looking for, you need a plan, some reliable techniques, maybe even a few inside tips.
Now everything you need to design and build perfect doors and drawers is captured in this new volume from expert cabinetmaker Andy Rae.
From kitchens and bathrooms to built-in and stand-alone pieces, you'll find all the details you need to build cabinets that work flawlessly -- and suit your décor aesthetically.
Discover practical tips and advice, step-by-step instructions, plus 35 drawings and 325 full-color photos that show you exactly how to handle every facet of design and construction.
The book features drawers in part one, where you'll learn about:
- A wide range of drawer styles and the types of cabinets they are compatible with
- The types of joints that are appropriate for each drawer style
- How to assemble, fit and finish drawers that work smoothly
- Choosing and using the right handles and pulls
- Installing locks and drawer stops
Part two features doors, including a look at:
- Door styles, types, and techniques to adapt different doors to the cabinets you're building
- Types of joints used to build doors
- How to fit and hang doors
- Choosing the best latch or knob
It's easy to see that nothing has been left out of this valuable reference guide. When you want to create cabinets that are a pleasure to look at -- and effortless to use -- here's one book you should add to your woodworking library.
Author: Andy Rae
We are a small operation specialising in servicing the needs of woodturners and woodworkers in Australia and around the globe. With a small team of friendly staff we are ready to help you with your woodworking needs. Orders can be placed over the phone, online or you can pop into the shop to make your purchase...Read more