You have all your tools, a space in the shed and a feeling in the stomach that makes you want to build something. After much consideration and head banging you cannot decide what to create. What do I do? Make something for me or the family? Oh my mother is having a birthday soon wonder if she would like somethin? After all she loved the cutting board I made in school.
Deciding what to build can be very frustrating so we have listed some simple projects for the long weekend. Get started!
- A shelf. This could be a single shelf or a combination. There are many types of shelves you could build.
- A storage box. We all need extra storage. This could be made from timber and varnished using traditional woodworking skills.
- A seat. Maybe an Adirondack chair where you can sit in the garden and fall asleep.
- Jewellery box. Impress the missus or your mother a great gift.
- BBQ Table. We all need somewhere to sit when having a BBQ. There are some very elaborate BBQ tables that could be created.
- Bed. Make a themed bed base for the kids, maybe a car or boat?
- Dog House. Man’s best friend needs a home to be proud of, make them a mansion.
- Doll House. If you have a daughter, niece or granddaughter they will love a house for their dolls.
- Pergolas. A place to put a chair and reflect or sleep.
- Bench Seat. Maybe one that is also provides storage.
- Chicken Coup. Sick of having the chickens (if you have some) getting into the garden Make them an enclosure they will want to stay in.
- Children’s table. Children love to sit at their own table.
- Play Hut. A place where no parents are allowed.
- Glass House. A place to grow your tomatoes and beans.
- Rabbit Hutch. Go on, get them a rabbit, (only if your state allows this).
- Letter Box. Get rid of your boring store bought letterbox.
- Patio Swing. Another great place to sleep.
- Planter Box. Grow some plants on the deck.
- Wheelbarrow. Great decorative piece for the garden.
- Stool. Everyone needs a stool to sit or stand on.
- Sea-saw. Another great childhood toy.
- Table. Have a go at making the dining room table.
- Picture Frame. Frame all the pictures lying around.
- Tool Box. This should have been the first project.
Leave a comment