Beds: Outstanding Projects from One of America's Best Craftsmen
A bed is one of the most significant pieces of furniture in most homes, ranking with the dining table as a major purchase or project. Jeff Miller, winner of the 1998 Stanley Award for best woodworking book (Chairmaking & Design, now out of print), offers nine attractive bed projects accessible to woodworkers of any skill level.
In Beds, youll find step-by-step projects for a small bed, a Shaker-style bed, a Craftsman-style bed, a pencil-post bed, a plywood platform bed, a Windsor chairinspired bed, a modern 'city' bed, a sleigh bed, and a bunk bed. Youre sure to find more than one project that will inspire you.
Miller provides you with:
- Clear step-by-step instructions to build each bed
- Cut lists that make it easy to get each bed started
- Exploded and measured drawings that show every detail
- A chapter on general construction strategies for building any bed design
- A wide range of jigs for mortising, tenoning, and other common tasks
- Four-color photography throughout, with photos of completed projects
Author: Jeff Miller
We are a small operation specialising in servicing the needs of woodturners and woodworkers in Australia and around the globe. With a small team of friendly staff we are ready to help you with your woodworking needs. Orders can be placed over the phone, online or you can pop into the shop to make your purchase...Read more