After many years working for all the major theatre and live entertainment companies as a stage manager, production manager, prop buyer and maker, set builder, and theatre technician, I started Eliza Wood Co in 2020 to work on my own designs.
I make sculptures and architectural pieces, fine furniture and lighting, using complex techniques. I also do antique furniture repairs and refinishing.
I am influenced by my experiences in the theatre design world, using texture, colour and lighting to tell a story.
- 2020 - Present Owner and founder of Eliza Wood Co
- 2020 - 2021 Woodworking Tutor at Sturt and Frensham School
- 2019 Certificate IV in Furniture Design & Technology, Sturt School for Wood
- 2011 - 2017 Head of Props, Belvoir St Theatre
- 2008 - Bachelor of Dramatic Art (Production), NIDA
- 2003 - 2011 Freelance Stage Manager
- 2003 Bachelor of Arts (Performance Studies, Music, English Literature), The University of Sydney
- Australian Wood Review - Issue 106. Article "Twelve 2019"
Exhibitions and Awards
- Sturt Gallery - Beyond Ordinary: Contemporary Women Makers
- Sturt Gallery - Behind the Scenes 2021
- Australian Design Centre - Workshopped 2020
- Sturt Gallery - Twelve 2019
- Australian Wood Review Maker of the Year 2020 - Art and Accessories Commended Award.
- Member of Studio Woodworkers Australia