Henry Taylor CS53 Raffan Bowl Scraper - 1 3/8"
Richard Raffan began woodturning in 1970 and can be described as one of the world's foremost authorities on this craft. Drawing on his vast experience, Richard has designed a range of tools which are produced from heavy section materials, with particular atttention given to the curve edge shapes. The tools are safe to use because the thick material does not flex thus reducing the chance of catches. The curved cutting edges are less prone to catches and much enhance the versatility and controlled performance of the tools.
The Richard Raffan Bowl Scraper is very effective for making heaving roughing cuts inside the bottom of bowls. The Bowl Scraper also works well for tissue-thin clean-up cuts that eliminate gouge irregularities in the lower half of a bowl.
- Develops more natural and elegant curved forms than using a radius scraper
- Durable M2 High Speed Steel
- Premium 17" White Ash handle with heavy brass ferrule
- Use no more than 1/3 of edge at a time
- Never scrape near rim of bowl