Tormek - T4 Water Cooled Grinding Machine
With the Tormek T-4 you get a high quality machine ideal for home and hobby work. You get access to the extensive Tormek jig system and can sharpen practically all common edge tools.
Tormek T-4 is an enhancement of the T-3 model taking the precision and stability to a completely new level. Vital functions like the motor and the main shaft are mounted in the zinc cast top, which also includes integrated sleeves for the Universal Support. This advanced design ensures an unbeatable precision for the Universal Support, which control all jigs and accessories.
Like the larger Tormek models, the T-4 is equipped with the Tormek Original Grindstone SG-200. It is optimized to combine efficient steel removal, smooth surface finish and a long life. With the included Stone Grader SP-650, you can alter the stone surface from 220 grit to about a 1000 grit surface, giving you two different sharpening qualities in one stone.
The T-4 is well suited for sharpening chisels, knives, scissors, and smaller tools like carving tools. It also works with turning tools and drill bits, but for plane irons and moulding knives we recommend one of the larger Tormek machine models. Note that a few shapes of gouges cannot be honed with the SVD-186 Gouge Jig on the leather honing wheel due to the compact size of the Tormek T-4. These tools can be honed freehand instead.
The motor is rated for 30-minutes continuous use at a time. That is usually more than enough for the house need, but if you sharpen more we advise you to take a look at one of the larger Tormek machine models which can run continuously.
Tormek T-4 is delivered with the Stone Grader SP-650, the AngleMaster WM-200, Honing compound PA-70 and the Tormek Handbook on sharpening. Configure the T-4 with your choice of jigs according to the tools that you are to sharpen (sold separately).
- Patents: EP 2946881
- Dimensions: Width 230 mm (9 1/16"), Depth 200 mm (7 7/8"), Height 260 mm (10¼")
- Weight: Shipping weight 9.8 kg, Machine only 8.0 kg
- Grindstone: Tormek Original Grindstone, Aluminium oxide, ∅ 200×40 mm (8"×1 5/8") 120 rpm, torque 8.4 Nm
- Leather Honing Wheel: ∅ 145×26 mm (5¾"×1")
- Main Shaft: Stainless steel main shaft and stone hardware. EzyLock in composite.
- Housing: Zinc cast top, Impact resistant ABS plastic
- Motor: Industrial single phase, 120 W (input)
- 230 V, 50 Hz or 115 V, 60 Hz. Duty 30 min/hour, Maintenance free.
- Silent running, 54 dB. 10,000 hour life